Premature graying of hair is a normal occurrence in people these days. It is characterized by fading out of hair, with the color draining from it. The condition can affect anyone, causing a young person to look much older than he/she actually is. The actual cause of premature graying is lack of oil gland production in the follicles of the scalp. In such a condition, hair looses the nutrition that it needs and starts turning gray. Diet also plays an important role in premature graying of the hair. Especially the deficiency of Vitamin B, copper, iron and iodine causes premature graying. At times, it also results from excessive worry and anxiety. However, the dullness of the hair can be removed easily, regaining the shine and radiance, by resorting to some natural remedies. In the following lines, we provide the best home remedies for premature graying of hair.
- One of the best home remedies for premature graying of hair comprises of curry leaves. Include them in your daily diet. Alternatively, you can put some curry leaves in coconut oil and boil it. Strain the oil and let it cool down. Apply it over the scalp.
- Dry a few pieces of ribbed gourd in the sun. Soak them in coconut oil for about 3 to 4 hours. After this, boil it until the residue becomes black and cool it down a bit. Massage the scalp with the residue.
- Extract juice from fresh leaves of amaranth vegetable. Apply this juice on the hair. It will prove helpful in retaining the black color of hair and also aid the growth of new hair.
- Massage the scalp with butter made out of cow’s milk. This should be applied at least two times in a week.
- Indian gooseberry is beneficial in treating premature graying of hair. Cut the fruit into pieces and dry them. Once dried, put them in coconut oil, until the solid matter becomes dusty or powdered. Apply on the hair.
- Mix a tsp of Indian gooseberry juice with a tsp of almond oil and few drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture on your hair and keep it overnight. In the morning, wash the hair. This is an effective home remedy for treating premature graying of hair.
- Avoid having refined flour and sugar, soft drinks, pastries, jam, too spicy food, hot food, chilies and oily food.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. They are effective in treating premature graying of hair.
- Mix a liter of yogurt with a tablespoon of yeast. Have a bowl of this mixture before every meal, as it is effective in treating premature graying.